Historic Photo of the Week

Historic Photo of the Week

The Park Hotel

339 North Front Street

Park Hotel

“The Park Hotel was once the Elk Hotel.  Adjacent to it was a wooden frame building called the Hotel Phoenix. The Park Hotel was built in 1914-1915 by John Park…. In 1920, he added the 4th floor and later the Tumbleweed Bar room.  It was renamed the Sage Room.  The first hotel restaurant was the Park Grill.  It has changed hands several times and is now Fiesta Guadalajara.  In 1976, the building's rooms and lobby were renovated and new windows installed.”

Helene B. Novotny. The Days After Abraham Lincoln 1943-1949. 2002. 235

Contact Us

In This Department