Accessibility Statement

What is CO?

What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (also referred to as CO) is a colorless, odorless gas produced by burning material. You can't see it, smell it, or taste it; but CO can kill you before you are aware it is in your home.

Where does CO come from in the home?

CO can come from several sources including gas appliances, charcoal grills, fireplaces or other wood burning appliances, and motor vehicles. When not properly ventilated, CO emitted by these appliances can build up in the home.

WHat are the symptoms of CO poisoning?

Early symptoms of CO poisoning are often mistaken for the flu. The symptoms can include: headaches, dizziness, disorientation, nausea, and fatigue. Prolonged exposure can lead to brain damage or even death. The effects of CO exposure can vary greatly from person to person depending on age, overall health, the concentration, and the length of the exposure.


Everyone is at risk from CO poisoning. Medical experts believe that unborn babies, infants, children, senior citizens, and people with heart or lung problems are at an even greater risk.


Contact Us

City Hall (more)
212 D St
Rock Springs, WY 82901
Get Directions

  • Phone: (307) 352-1500
  • Fax: (307) 352-1516
  • Staff Directory