City Parks

City Parks

We are fortunate to live in a city containing an abundance of parks for everyone to enjoy!  Please take note of the following rules to help keep our parks a safe, clean place for members of our community to visit with their family and friends.  Don't forget to check out the concerts and movies we offer for free during the summer months.  There is always something fun happening!
Park Rules:
Bunning Band Shell
  • Smoking is prohibited on park grounds. 
  • Alcohol and drugs are prohibited. 
  • No animals allowed, except at Bitter Creek Dog Park and Foothill Wetlands Area.
  • No overnight lodging or parking.
  • Litter must be placed in designated receptacles. 
  • Defacement, destruction, removal or disturbance of property, equipment or natural features is prohibited. 
  • Open fires allowed only in designated park grills or on personal grills. No ground fires are permitted. 
  • Possession of fireworks, firearms and weapons are prohibited. 
  • Hitting of golf balls and other hazardous activities are prohibited.
  • Park hours are from 7 am to 9 pm, daily.
  • Parks MUST be left in the condition you found it.  Trash should be placed in the appropriate receptacles/dumpsters to keep the park in good condition.
  • Electricity is NOT available.  Water may be obtained from restroom sinks. 
  • Inflatable entertainment devices and water slides are NOT permitted.
  • Tables should be covered before placing food on them or using any type of craft paint.
  • Sidewalk chalk, Silly String, fake flower petals and gas grills are NOT permitted.  Pinatas will be allowed if trash is cleaned up after use.
  • It is the responsibility of the organization/individual using the park to provide any additional tables and chairs that might be needed for your event.

Violation of these rules may result in a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $750 and 90 days in jail.

All Parks are closed from
9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
Parents are responsible for children.


We accept reservations for the months of June, July and August of each year.  Before June 1 and after August 31, parks are still open; but it is on a first-come, first-serve basis.  Plan on arriving early to claim your spot! 

Reservation requests must be made at least ONE WEEK in advance and the reservation fee must be paid one week in advance, as well. Some blackout dates may apply due to annual City events.  For more information, contact Allison at the Family Recreation Center by calling 352-1440. To view a list of City Parks and amenities, see our Facilities Page.

The City of Rock Springs Parks & Recreation Department offers these types of park rentals:

  • Small gathering - up to 50 people, $30 fee
  • Medium gathering - 51 to 150 people, $75 fee
  • Large gathering - 151+ people, $150 fee

With the rentals above, you are reserving the pavilion and tables in the park only. The park is still open to the general public.

Entire park rental with restricted access for your event is $1,000. Additional fees may apply depending on the needs of your organization.
Click here to see if the park you want is available on the day you want: 
Notice:  County parks, such as Crossroads, can be reserved by calling 922-5450.  We do not make reservations for county parks.
For a complete listing of City Parks and amenities see our Facilities Page.
  • News &
  • Related
  • Concerts In The Park
    Concert in the Park - All concerts will be held at Bunning Park and start at 7PM
  • Living Memorial Program
    The City of Rock Springs Parks and Recreation Department has established guidelines and procedures for "Living Memorial Donations" from the public. Living Memorial Donations are donations made by individuals who wish to honor someone by placement of...
Subscribe to this feed

Contact Us

Mark Lyon
Mark D.. Lyon,

200 Community Park Dr
Rock Springs, WY 82901
Get Directions

  • Phone: (307) 352-1400
  • Fax: (307) 352-1419
  • Staff Directory
  • Office Hours:
    7:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Monday through Friday. Closed Weekends and Holidays.
  • Text Hello to 833-617-0770 to report an issue, ask a question, or inquire about City information.

In This Department